Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Panchur College
- Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Colleges.
- Internal Quality AssuranceCell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level.
- The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the colleges.
- The IQAC may channelise and systematise the efforts and measures of an institution towards academicexcellence. It should not be yet another hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in theinstitution; it would be a facilitative and participative organ of the institution.
- The IQAC isa driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies andenhance quality.
Goals of the IQAC
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action toimprove the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement throughinternationalisation of quality culture and institutionalisation of best practices
The IQAC has the following functions
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic andadministrative activities of the College;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education andfaculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teachingand learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on qualityrelated institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organisation of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes andpromotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to qualityimprovement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, includingadoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose ofmaintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on thequality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (likeNAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unity of Colleges basedon the AQAR;
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance andenhancement endeavours.
Benefits of the IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards qualityenhancement;
- Ensure internalisation of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and goodpractices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
As per GB meeting 10.04.2019 and the Teacher's Council meeting 30.04.2019, the Panchur College IQAC was formed for the year 2019 - 20.
- Prof. Prasanta Mahato: External Member
- Mr. Asikul Alam Fakir: GB Representative<
- Dr. Lopamudra Bandyopadhyay: Co-ordinator
- Prof. Sandip Biswas and Prof. Tarun Kanti Haldar: Deputy Co-ordinators
- Members: Prof. Sarmistha Maiti, Dr. Abhijit Barman, Dr. Arpitasree Narayan, Prof. Sayantani Bhattacharya, Ms. Sabina Sultana.